Thursday, February 2, 2012

My New Hand Knit Faroe Shawl


I haven't posted on my blog for so long! I thought I'd take a minute to post this beautiful shawl I'm currently working on in between knitting a baby afghan for my vet...her baby is due in June and I wanted to get an early start!

A friend of mine has been promising this Faroe Shawl pattern to me for three something years and it has been hiding deep in the catacombs of her brain...incubating all these years...well... it finally hatched about a week ago at our Barnes & Noble weekly Knitting Group. I found this gorgeous wool boucle fingering weight yarn in my "Stash Mountain". (I love having my own "yarn stash" where I can shop anytime I want to create something with yarn other than yarn that I hand spin!) I had forgotten that I even had this and Wallah! It is a huge skein with 1440 yards on it so there will be plenty to make this the perfect length. I bought this yarn from Cherry Tree Hill about three or four years ago. It is from their Oceania group and the colorway is called Cabin Fever. I'm knitting this on size 6 circular Addi Turbo needles with a 60" cable so it will probably take me awhile to complete it! I usually knit with large needles using thick thin or bulky weight hand spun yarn for my one of a kind fiber art projects...I'm one of these people that likes quick results so I haven't tackled things like socks and other projects that use those really tiny needles or lace weight yarns....one of these days...maybe....

I'm looking forward to seeing how this shawl is going to turn out. I'm planning on keeping this one for myself, although many times people see some of the things I make for myself and they literally buy them off my back so I may have to sew this one to my body!

No comments: